Cricket For a Cause
Using the platform of PSL, which is now counted amongst the top T20 leagues in the world, is a perfect way to create awareness about the disease.
Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) along with the biggest tournament of cricket, Pakistan Super League (PSL) strongly support Pink Ribbon to create awareness about breast cancer.
As a part of its initiative
- Stadiums, stumps and all the ambience turn pink to promote the cause.
- The players, match officials and commentators wear pink caps and ribbons.
- Messages for the awareness about the disease are displayed on the in-stadia screens.
- All cricket fans are encouraged to wear pink and play a part in the awareness campaign.
- Ribbons are distributed among the crowd and pink colored shirts are handed out to the spectators in various stands.
The PCB had turned Pakistan’s home of cricket, the Gaddafi Stadium, pink for the first time in history for the third T20 between Pakistan and Sri Lanka on 9 October.